As I was driving home from work today, I was listening to the Hillsong CD "A Beautiful Exchange." I really like one of the songs on the CD, so naturally I turned to it. Well God really spoke to me and I was overcome with emotions! So I listened to it again...really soaking up the words. It was just a great reminder of how Great our God is! Here are the words to the song - "Forever Reign"
You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin
You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost it's sting
Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go
Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus
Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
Well....then the next song came on....and the same thing happened! I was thinking, "God what is going on? I can't just be crying driving down the road." But He always knows just what we need at just the right time. I was dealing with some struggles and was just reminded (again) of how great our God is and how He is in control. Here are the lyrics to the next song - "The One Who Saves"
Come join the song, lift your voice
As heaven and earth give praise
Fall to your knees, at the feet
Of the Son of The One True God
Turn from old ways, lift your eyes
For the kingdom of God is here
Open your heart, offer all
For Jesus Christ is here
Oh now
We have found our hope
We have found our peace
We have found our rest
In the One who Loves
He will light the way
He will lead us home
As we offer all
To the One who saves us
Call on the Name, that is hope
Jesus the Son of God
Lord over all, He is good
And His mercy endures
Always
His love endures
Forever His love endures
Forever His love endures
Forever and ever
During this song, I was just so impressed that no matter what is going on in my life, I need to just "call on the name, that is hope...Jesus the song of God, Lord over all." I just need to offer Him my all! When we offer Him our all we find hope, peace, and rest...no matter what the circumstances! And then the reminder...His love endures....FOREVER! Not just until it runs out (which it can't) or not just until He gets tried of giving.....but forever!
Give Him your all! Yes, I know this is kind of a hard concept to grasp. For me (today) this just meant I told God, "I give you my all...take it." I just said it out loud in the midst of my struggles I was dealing with, I just admitted to Him "I can't handle this, I can't make it better....I give you my all. All my worries, all my fears, and my control I am holding on to. Take it and fill me with your peace and love and rest. I rest in You Lord!"
"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." - Psalm 34:14
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28
You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin
You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost it's sting
Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go
Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus
Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
Well....then the next song came on....and the same thing happened! I was thinking, "God what is going on? I can't just be crying driving down the road." But He always knows just what we need at just the right time. I was dealing with some struggles and was just reminded (again) of how great our God is and how He is in control. Here are the lyrics to the next song - "The One Who Saves"
Come join the song, lift your voice
As heaven and earth give praise
Fall to your knees, at the feet
Of the Son of The One True God
Turn from old ways, lift your eyes
For the kingdom of God is here
Open your heart, offer all
For Jesus Christ is here
Oh now
We have found our hope
We have found our peace
We have found our rest
In the One who Loves
He will light the way
He will lead us home
As we offer all
To the One who saves us
Call on the Name, that is hope
Jesus the Son of God
Lord over all, He is good
And His mercy endures
Always
His love endures
Forever His love endures
Forever His love endures
Forever and ever
During this song, I was just so impressed that no matter what is going on in my life, I need to just "call on the name, that is hope...Jesus the song of God, Lord over all." I just need to offer Him my all! When we offer Him our all we find hope, peace, and rest...no matter what the circumstances! And then the reminder...His love endures....FOREVER! Not just until it runs out (which it can't) or not just until He gets tried of giving.....but forever!
Give Him your all! Yes, I know this is kind of a hard concept to grasp. For me (today) this just meant I told God, "I give you my all...take it." I just said it out loud in the midst of my struggles I was dealing with, I just admitted to Him "I can't handle this, I can't make it better....I give you my all. All my worries, all my fears, and my control I am holding on to. Take it and fill me with your peace and love and rest. I rest in You Lord!"
"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." - Psalm 34:14
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28
Comments
Post a Comment