You know the phrase "when it rains, it pour?" Well, instead of this, I feel like the past month of my life it has been a constant rain, similar to the summer afternoon showers in FL we are used to. You could always count on it! Every afternoon in the summer it rains in Florida. It could be just a drizzle, or it could pour, but nevertheless, its gonna rain.
Well, my life has seemed to be full of chaos over this past month. Just like that rain, I can count on something happening. Just when I get out of one thing and I think the coast is clear, something else comes along. I keep finding myself saying, "you've got to be kidding me!" Its just been one thing after another. Sometimes my thought is even "why me?"
But, even in the midst of all this chaos, "you've got to be kidding's" and "whys"- I have always felt a peace! I am typically a worrier (not a warrior, but a worrier). I react fact and normally tend to freak out, then when I slow down and look at it again, it really wasn't that big of a deal. So typically in this chaos, I would not be functioning well, especially with the "flood" I feel is coming. So, as I was pondering these things, I realized this time I have replaced my natural freak out mode with a peace, only explained by God. Then instead of the "why me" I am thinking "why not me," and "what can I be learning." Its amazing the works God can do in your life when you let Him! Now don't get me wrong...I am still a worrier. But I am working toward giving up this bad habit. But I am learning (and trying to practice) to start with the small things. When the small things pop into my mind I am trying to give it to God and forget it, because He is good and knows what is best.
Here are a few scriptures that I have found helpful during the past month:
"Lord, how my foes increase! There are many who attack me. Many say about me, 'there is no help for him in God.' But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head. I cry aloud to the LORD, and He answers me from His holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the LORD sustains me" Psalm 3:1-5.
"Turn away from evil and do what is good; seek peace and pursue it" Psalm 34:14.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7.
"Above all, [put on] love-the perfect bond in unity. And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful. Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" Colossians 3:14-17.
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken" Psalm 55:22.
Well, my life has seemed to be full of chaos over this past month. Just like that rain, I can count on something happening. Just when I get out of one thing and I think the coast is clear, something else comes along. I keep finding myself saying, "you've got to be kidding me!" Its just been one thing after another. Sometimes my thought is even "why me?"
But, even in the midst of all this chaos, "you've got to be kidding's" and "whys"- I have always felt a peace! I am typically a worrier (not a warrior, but a worrier). I react fact and normally tend to freak out, then when I slow down and look at it again, it really wasn't that big of a deal. So typically in this chaos, I would not be functioning well, especially with the "flood" I feel is coming. So, as I was pondering these things, I realized this time I have replaced my natural freak out mode with a peace, only explained by God. Then instead of the "why me" I am thinking "why not me," and "what can I be learning." Its amazing the works God can do in your life when you let Him! Now don't get me wrong...I am still a worrier. But I am working toward giving up this bad habit. But I am learning (and trying to practice) to start with the small things. When the small things pop into my mind I am trying to give it to God and forget it, because He is good and knows what is best.
Here are a few scriptures that I have found helpful during the past month:
"Lord, how my foes increase! There are many who attack me. Many say about me, 'there is no help for him in God.' But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head. I cry aloud to the LORD, and He answers me from His holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the LORD sustains me" Psalm 3:1-5.
"Turn away from evil and do what is good; seek peace and pursue it" Psalm 34:14.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7.
"Above all, [put on] love-the perfect bond in unity. And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful. Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" Colossians 3:14-17.
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken" Psalm 55:22.
Comments
Post a Comment