Busy! I think this is a word we are all very familiar with. In fact, I can't tell you the last person who did NOT describe their life with this word. We are all so busy with different activity or just with life.
Along with everyone else, my life has very much been this way lately. Sometime I just have to remember in all the "stuff" going on to breathe...in and out....in and out. And if you are anything life me, when you talk to someone else who tells you, "I am so busy," you think (to yourself of course) "his/her life surely can't be as busy as mine!" But we all have our own "busys" to be about, they just look different.
Well in all thie craziness as of late, I have noticed that the one area that I slack off in is my quiet time. When we get busy, start new tasks, of course something else has to be done away with or at least decreased. I think about the typical college student and what I think of as their area of slack is sleep-you know 4-5 hours of sleep each night, if lucky.
Sleep has become...well let's face it....an idol for me. I worship sleep! I can't get enough of it! That being said, my quiet time suffers. Eveything else "has" to get done (laundry, work, supper...)but we tend to feel like our quiet time can be passed up on. NO! I am feeling the repercussions of this greatly. My mood, attitude, work and everything has been affected. We must spend that daily appointment with God. He is, after all, our sustainer. How can we be sustained if we never or rarely spend time with the sustainer We must push all else aside and put time with Him first! When we miss out, it becomes easier and easier to keep missing out. This is dangerous territory, where the devil has more influence over us since we aren't close to God-in tune with His voice. Protect your time with your Creator. Make it an absolute priority.
Once you get away from it, it may feel like "how can I ever get back to where I was?" The enemy plants doubt and discouragement deep in us, luring us to stay on his path instead of God's. When we stay close with God, doesn't His presence just feel amazing? Those "God" moments, where things can only be explained by Him, are incredible and encouraging. And, the amazing thing about God is, even when we feel so far away and aren't sure how we will get back He is still there, right beside us. We are the ones who moved, not Him! Just turn around and walk back to Him. His arms are open waiting.
As I was thinking about all this, I picked up the book "100 Days of Prayer for Women." I haven't been reading it much, but decide to take a look. Today's reading really seemed like one of those God moments. He know where where I am nad what I need! Here is what I read:
"The essence of the Christian life is Jesus:that in all things He might have preminence, not that in some things He might have a place." - Franklin Graham
" And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that [comes] through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:9-11
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you." - Matthew 6:33
"Then He said to [them] all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it." - Luke 9:23-24
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people!" - James 4:8
"Lord, let Your priorities be my priorities. Let Your will be my will. Let Your Word be my guide, and let me grow in faith and wisdom this day and eveyday. Amen."
Along with everyone else, my life has very much been this way lately. Sometime I just have to remember in all the "stuff" going on to breathe...in and out....in and out. And if you are anything life me, when you talk to someone else who tells you, "I am so busy," you think (to yourself of course) "his/her life surely can't be as busy as mine!" But we all have our own "busys" to be about, they just look different.
Well in all thie craziness as of late, I have noticed that the one area that I slack off in is my quiet time. When we get busy, start new tasks, of course something else has to be done away with or at least decreased. I think about the typical college student and what I think of as their area of slack is sleep-you know 4-5 hours of sleep each night, if lucky.
Sleep has become...well let's face it....an idol for me. I worship sleep! I can't get enough of it! That being said, my quiet time suffers. Eveything else "has" to get done (laundry, work, supper...)but we tend to feel like our quiet time can be passed up on. NO! I am feeling the repercussions of this greatly. My mood, attitude, work and everything has been affected. We must spend that daily appointment with God. He is, after all, our sustainer. How can we be sustained if we never or rarely spend time with the sustainer We must push all else aside and put time with Him first! When we miss out, it becomes easier and easier to keep missing out. This is dangerous territory, where the devil has more influence over us since we aren't close to God-in tune with His voice. Protect your time with your Creator. Make it an absolute priority.
Once you get away from it, it may feel like "how can I ever get back to where I was?" The enemy plants doubt and discouragement deep in us, luring us to stay on his path instead of God's. When we stay close with God, doesn't His presence just feel amazing? Those "God" moments, where things can only be explained by Him, are incredible and encouraging. And, the amazing thing about God is, even when we feel so far away and aren't sure how we will get back He is still there, right beside us. We are the ones who moved, not Him! Just turn around and walk back to Him. His arms are open waiting.
As I was thinking about all this, I picked up the book "100 Days of Prayer for Women." I haven't been reading it much, but decide to take a look. Today's reading really seemed like one of those God moments. He know where where I am nad what I need! Here is what I read:
"The essence of the Christian life is Jesus:that in all things He might have preminence, not that in some things He might have a place." - Franklin Graham
" And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that [comes] through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:9-11
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you." - Matthew 6:33
"Then He said to [them] all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it." - Luke 9:23-24
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people!" - James 4:8
"Lord, let Your priorities be my priorities. Let Your will be my will. Let Your Word be my guide, and let me grow in faith and wisdom this day and eveyday. Amen."
Comments
Post a Comment