Skip to main content

Here it goes...

I have recently seen a jump in the number of people I know who have blogs....I am amazed by each of them in their own ways - creative, beautiful, eloquent words, realness, fun...So from seeing all of these came the thought, "maybe I should try to do a blog!" Then immediately my reactions were 1)what would I say? and 2)when would I do it? But I know all these other people have busy lives as well and are still sharing their hearts. So as I was doing my Bible reading last night, I had the thought again, "I should do a blog!" I feel like God is teaching me so much through His Word (especially through reading it chronologically) that I should share it! Why keep such good things to myself? So this blog's purpose is not to be about me necessarily, but about Him! This will be also be a good tool for our family and friends "back home" to see what is going on with us and what we are learning in our new home.
So I titled this blog "Ponderings of the Heart." (It was harder to come up with a name and design for me than to actually start the post!) But my idea behind this name comes from Luke 2:19 where it says "but Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Mary's world had just been turned upside down: finding out she was pregnant (while a virgin and engaged to Joseph), probably being looked down upon by her community because of this, traveling to Bethlehem from Nazareth for the census, going into labor while in Bethlehem and having to stay in a barn! Then to top all this off, shepherds showed up to see the baby! And we are told that after all this, Mary took all this in and pondered it in her heart. In a similar manner, God is doing so much in our lives and teaching us so much that we can't help but ponder all of it in our hearts.
So there is my story behind all this. Who knows how long this will last, or how often, but here it goes....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Great is Our God!

As I was driving home from work today, I was listening to the Hillsong CD "A Beautiful Exchange."  I really like one of the songs on the CD, so naturally I turned to it.  Well God really spoke to me and I was overcome with emotions!  So I listened to it again...really soaking up the words.  It was just a great reminder of how Great our God is!  Here are the words to the song - "Forever Reign" You are good, You are good When there's nothing good in me You are love, You are love On display for all to see You are light, You are light When the darkness closes in You are hope, You are hope You have covered all my sin You are peace, You are peace When my fear is crippling You are true, You are true Even in my wandering You are joy, You are joy You're the reason that I sing You are life, You are life, In You death has lost it's sting Oh, I’m running to Your arms, I’m running to Your arms The riches of Your love Will always be enough N...

Learning Experience....Trusting God

Cancer…this is a word that strikes fear in our heart with just an utterance, or even just seeing the word. My dad recently found out that he has very early case of prostate cancer, and so I have felt this fear with this word, really for the first time ever. Honestly, I don’t feel like it has sunk in yet. I am so grateful for the great news that this was caught early enough that it shouldn’t be a big concern, but it also almost masks the fact that he does have cancer, at least in my mind. This is probably a good thing given my tendency to let my human nature have reign and let worry take control. I told Trent, “I don’t want to say ‘my dad has cancer.’” But given the facts that is the reality. I think it also makes it surreal that we are so far away from the situation, so it almost doesn’t seem real. So in going through processing this reality, I of course went through all the human nature questions like “why him,” “what if’s,” and “is this somehow my fault.” But I have been amazed (I gu...

Satisfaction

This morning, Trent and I set off for our trek to Arkansas, the "big town" of Etowah to be exact, where he was preaching. I love to hear Trent preach, so I wanted to share what God spoke to me through him today. His sermon this morning was from the text John 11:17-36, where Jesus goes back to Bethany, where his friend Lazarus had died. He meets with both of Lazarus' sisters Mary and Martha, who are (naturally) grieving over the death of their brother. So, in short, the main message of the sermon was - in times of grief or despair, go to Jesus! Really, in general, if you are in need - go to Jesus! He is the only one who can meet our needs! And ALL of them at that!! --Specifically in this case, Mary and Martha were seeking compassion and completeness. Jesus had that for them...and only Jesus had it for them. They could be around as many people as they could find and still not find the compassion and completeness found in Jesus. Even though we can't fulfill thi...